Have you started juicing to get healthier and lose weight? You’re not alone and the following tips will help you achieve juicing success.
Chronic Disease is an Epidemic
There is a lot written these days about the rising levels of obesity and accompanying epidemic of chronic diseases such as diabetes. Less than 10-15% of Americans and Australians are consuming the recommended 2 serves of fruit and 5 serves of vegetables per day.
Instead our bodies are bombarded with processed food packed with fat, sugar and salt, deliberately engineered to make us crave more of the same.
Millions of people in the developed and developing world are fat, sick and nearly dead, like Joe Cross was before his juice fast. Instead he turned his life around and that of many others with juicing.
Juicing Can boost Your Health
Juicing is a fantastic way to boost your health because it offers a concentrated dose of essential nutrients from fruits and vegetables in a convenient and delicious form. By extracting the liquid from these natural sources, juicing provides a quick and easy way to consume a wide variety of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that support overall well-being. Additionally, juicing allows you to incorporate a diverse range of produce into your diet, making it easier to meet your daily nutritional needs and promoting better digestion and hydration. Whether you’re looking to increase your energy levels, improve your immune system, or simply add more nutrients to your diet, juicing is a vibrant and accessible path to a healthier lifestyle.
5 Tips for Juicing Success
Whether you are undertaking a full-on juice cleanse or simply adding juices into your life gradually, smooth out the bumps on your journey to better health through juicing with the following tips.
1. Plan. Plan. Plan. This includes simple day to day practicalities such as working out the
juices you are going to have and making sure all ingredients are to hand. My book the Green Juicing Recipe Book makes this easy. Inside you’ll find a complete juicing plan.
Think about anything that might come up that could push you off track. How can you go up, over or around the obstacle? I had an ‘aha’ moment the other day when I realized that I could accept an obstacle (and wallow around feeling sorry for myself) or choose to move past it.
Ask yourself: What obstacles am I coming up against in my juicing journey? How can I move around them?
2. Surround yourself with a support team. Set up some accountability. Now is not the time to be shy. This could be friends or family and these days with technology they may live in the same town or be on the other side of the world. Forums, blogs and facebook communities can also be a wonderful source of support and encouragement.
3. Identify saboteurs. Unfortunately this may include your nearest and dearest. You may be able to transform them into your supporters simply by telling them what you need and how they can hep you. They may be unaware of how they are undermining your efforts, have the best of intentions and are really happy to support you. If this is not the case, can you minimise their impact? Aim to have your supporters far outnumber your saboteurs.
4. Redefine normal. In our society today it has become the norm to have a diet high in processed food, fat, sugar and salt. Similarly with weight, our view of what is a healthy weight has changed (upwards) over the last 20 years. Remind yourself that normal for you now is nourishing your body with micronutrients from beautiful juices.
5. Enjoy the feeling! Focus on what you’re gaining, not what you’re giving up. Revel in the sparkle in your eyes, your clearing skin and that gorgeous feeling of lightness. Relish that feeling of accomplishment.